Friday, May 8, 2009

Coffee Filter Flowers

I have to admit there is still that little kid inside of me who gets excited walking into a craft store. So much I could make and that smell...so good. Anyway, I found this martha Steward episode that showed them making coffee filter flowers...sounds kinda lame, til you actually do it and see how cheap and how beautiful they are. i get the EXACT color i want, they wont go bad, and mose of all they are soooooo cheap! It was $4 for 400 coffee filters, and the paint cost me a whole $5. All together with the filters, tape, stems, paint, and brushes, it set me back a whole $15. That $15 will make 100 flowers!!! I will only need about 4-6 per table because they are so big, So in theory that $15 just paid for 17-20 centerpieces! I am so excited. They way you make them, I can premake them without puffing the flower out and shaping it, and wait til the week before, so they look good still. Go Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment