Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Christy

So I went to the taste-test. The food was in my opinion delicious. It seemed everything was right, and I was signing the contract as I noticed the price. I had spoken with a representative back in February via email. I still have the email to prove it. She said they could match the price of a competetor as long as the package matched. Unfortunately that was not true. They wanted me to pay $5 more per head, then $3 more and I was supposed to feel like I was being cut a deal when they finally dropped it to only $1.45 more than the original quote. I am very dissappointed and feel lied to. There was a difference...the linens are floor length vs half length. I know I am not the girly type but $500 difference for linens doesnt seem to make too much sense to me at all! All this wedding stuff sure is stressful. If there was a misunderstanding I hear ya but they should honor thier original price, especially when I re-sent them a copy of thier email where they promised that price in writing. So, ball's in their court. If they honor their price I will probably still have it there. Like I said, I really liked the venue and the woman who was showing to me...but if not, I guess this is a lesson for me and everyone who attempts to book a venue....even having it in writing doesnt seem to matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment