Thursday, February 19, 2009

Invitations

So the invitations are next. I have been looking into pre-made vs. homemade. I am definitely leaning toward homemade. It is highly expensive for the premade. Now adays, almost everyone has a printer. This makes having someone print them for me just seem like a waste of money. To add a litte bit of a fancy feel to the design I have come up with a pretty simple idea. It came from one of my lovely friends Gina who did my baby shower invites and made them look beautiful. I plan on buying cardstock in the blue color of the ribbons of the bridesmaids...Then I plan to buy the more see-through white paper to layer on top. I will punch two holes in the top of the cards and tie a little ribbon through to hold the papers together. I can get a enough paper for the blue cardstock from office max for $15. All I need is a nice paper cutter and time. I am still shopping around for the clear white paper. If any of you can think of a place with a good price I am all ears. All together, with the price of envelopes, paper and stamps, I should be able to spend well under $100. This is a fraction of the price I have been able to find from the printing companies.

1 comment:

  1. Just was telling Steph last nite about this: I just saw some nice ones at Kinkos of all places on Grand. They looked very similar to Steph's-have yu seen them? Basically black, white, ribbon, some sheer paper, some other cool paper, envelopes, thank you cards-everything. Seriously they look like someone paid a shit ton of money for them, but get this, right now at Kinkos they are $5.47 a box on clearance & there's 10 in a box!! Go check it out if you have time!

    ReplyDelete