Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Color Scheme

So according to a friend, you can't do much without a "color scheme". Wow, I can't believe I am talking about this kinda stuff...and not bothered about it. ha. Anyway I decided my bridesmaids all get to wear black. In my personal opinion it is just mean to do anything else. If a woman isnt 100% happy about their body, and have never met one that was, sticking them in a bright colored dress isn't a nice thing to do. Considering I actually like my bridesmaids and I want them to look great and feel great, it was an easy decision to go with a black dress. So I found a $50 dress at target...I know crazy, but I really like it.

Here is a link if you want to look at it: http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Black-Crossover-V-Neck-Empire/dp/B001DYNE32/qid=1234836623/ref=br_1_8/182-3426302-2508509?ie=UTF8&node=1104830&frombrowse=1&pricerange=&index=tgt-mf-mv&field-browse=1104830&rank=-product%5Fsite%5Flaunch%5Fdate&rh=tgt%5F2%3ABlack&page=3

I am going to have a blue ribbon tied at the waist (a light sky blue) to add a bit of color. Also I am thinking of having them hold white flowers. Then maybe I would hold flowers the color of their sash to tie that into my white dress. So, the color scheme would be black, blue, and white. I would like to have the groomsmen wear a blue tie that matches the blue on the women's sash. The groom (love em) would wear a cobalt blue tie. It would be darker than the men's so that he stood out. Comment away. Bad? Good? I really don't know how to dress myself let alone plan other people's outfits! hah. So if you have any input feel free to help me out here:)

5 comments:

  1. I randomly came across your blogspot and I think the idea for the outfits are a WONDERFUL idea! I like how everything coordinates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. Not too bad eh!? ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color scheme. I think it is going to be very elegant! Are you interested in party favors? Beth will tell you that's my "specialty". If yes, let me know what interests you. GINA (Beth's MIL) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely interested...I have NO IDEA where to start on that...so let me know

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will email you more details with a link to a website and sample photos. G.MIL.

    ReplyDelete