Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sponsorship

So one of the tips I came across on one of the many websites I have been visiting is to have sponsors. Get local companies to donate their services in return for their advertisment at your wedding. Some may think this is a "tacky" method. And until I really started to investigate this, I too thought it sounded crazy. So far I have been suprised by the responses. First, I started this blog, so there was a spot for all the sponsors-to-be to view. This way they could get to know me, and see how many women like me are following the blog who they would be exposing themselves to. I have definetly had a rude reply here and there, but it does'nt hurt to try. I posted a craigslist ad and have recieved a response from a Mary Kay agent willing to give the bridal party facials and do their make up. Of course with doing all this i am being careful to make sure that the people are legit. I am sure I will have a couple crazies respond, but being as that we are on a budget...is that what you call it when you have negative money?....anyway I can use all the help I can get. I was always told its not what you know but who you know, and I am seeing the reality to that right now.

TIP # 3. ASK so many of us (me especially) are too proud to actually ask around and see who would be able to donate thier services. Chances are you have a friend or she has a friend that is a make up artist or does hair, or can bake a mean cake....just saying. People are suprisingly happy to help, and they aren't gonna ask you. They think you are so busy and there is so much to do right now that they would be an annoyance or a bother if they asked you.

No comments:

Post a Comment