Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bridal Expo

So, I went to a bridal expo at Ameristar this weekend with my friends Madeline and Gina. TALK ABOUT OVERWHELMING! Geeze, there were about a million people and tons of people pining for the business. I am glad that we went though. I found a place that is EVEN CHEAPER THAN GENESIS, THE CHRISTY, and ORLANDO GARDENS. They don't include the cake, but they also don't charge for service. On a Friday they charge $14 a head! So, that is a big difference from the $17.50...especially because the $17.50 from the others doesnt include the service...or sales tax. I kept going back and forth tring to crunch the numbers, and by the time you rent the tables, chairs, linens, buy the food, (most improtantly the alcohol) etc, I can't seem to find the purpose in trying to do it myself. It is just easier and actually cheaper to go to a venue. So, I am making appointments to visit all four of the venues, sometimes things are too good to be true, so I would like to see the insides of all of the venues before I make a decision. I will keep you all updated. Also I found out more information on the cake that is offered for free with the package from the Christy. The cake is provided by McCarther's Bakery. They had a table at the expo, and their cakes were beautiful. I got to see pictures of the cakes that would be included at the Christy. I was pleasantly suprised, and would be happy to have the cake provided if I go with the Christy. We'll just have to see. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment