Monday, February 16, 2009

Recption Halls

Okay, so today I started the proccess of selecting a venue for the reception. Being Irish and Sicilian (NOT ITALIAN ha), the most important part is the food and drink. I found a couple places that are in the running. A place called Genesis, and another called Orlando Gardens. Each of them offer a discounted price for Fridays. Genisis was 17.50/person. This includes rental space, open bar for four hours, buffet dinner, linens, service, seating, china, and I am sure I am forgetting something else. The second place, Orlando Gardens offers all the same ammennities plus a couple extras, but for 20.95/person. I contacted both venues, and Orlando Gardens offered to match the price of Genesis without hesitation.

TIP #1, PRICES AREN'T SET IN STONE. I am going to be visiting both of these venues to see which suits my needs best. I will be reporting back soon.

TIP #2, FRIDAY IS ALWAYS CHEAPER. If you are on a budget, you can save 2-5$ per guest simply moving the date to a Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Steve's Christmas party is at the Orlando Gardens every year. It is a very nice place. I am sure that you will like it. The food is pretty good too.
    E

    ReplyDelete